Blog #1

 Good morning, 

After reviewing Chapter Two of the Connected Educator it talks about Practice a lot. Practice is a big part of our lives. If we don't practice how do we get better at something? I thought about all the times that I had to practice at something to get better. When I was younger practicing writing out my name, while I was playing sports you would practice to get better at the sport, we practice everyday do make ourselves better. There is always something you can work on. Whether is be work, school, sports, even doing something on a daily basis requires practice. When you start a job, they train you until they think you are ready. Every job that I have had up to date, I needed to train and practice so that I could excel at my position. My parents always told me that nothing is ever handed to you and you always should work hard and strive to be the best. It also talks about Diversity. What is Diversity? Diversity is the practice or quality of including or involving people from a range of different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc. In every career, there are times that we need to 'Connect' and to 'Teach' others in some fashion, whether we are a salesperson, in the business domain, in the communications field, criminal justice or even as a parent or a teacher? Every job that I have had, someone taught me and took me under their wing to help me and make sure that I will have success. I did the same thing, when I would have to teach someone and show them the ropes of the job. If we do not practice at something how can we get better, what can we do to get better? It all comes back to practice, and one saying that is always around is practice makes perfect. Athletes, Actors, Teachers, etc all use this saying. 

chapter 2 Connected Educator.pdf | Schoology


Comments

  1. I genuinely like and concur with your assertion that practice is crucial. Only a certain amount of someone's extraordinary talent comes naturally or is predetermined. I like how you go into detail on how, regardless of age or career, everyone will eventually have to interact with others or impart knowledge in some way. In fact, you say it yourself. I consider interpersonal ties to be very important. You once again touch on one of the six essential values of social work, which is actually this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with the fact that practice is important when progressing in life. I like how you highlighted that practice and hard work is needed to succeed and that nothing is handed to you on a plate. Everyone has their own God given abilities, but it's up to the individual to put these into use to find a great purpose in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregory,
    You did a good job summarizing the chapter 2 of Connected Educator. I strongly agree that practice is very important when trying to better yourself at something. Also you added a great question - If we don't practice how do we get better at something? Good job including how the chapter mentioned stuff about diversity and related that to your work experience. After reading this chapter, did you think about what you learned will relate to your future profession?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gregory. I really love the way you took the information from this chapter and related it back to your past work experience. I personally have only had one job in my lifetime, and it happens to be the job I am still working at currently. Although I have not had a million jobs, I can still wholeheartedly say that practice really does make perfect. When I was in training for my job, I found that learning from others and listening to their opinions was a great form of practice. This idea also goes hand-in-hand with diversity. Having a team of different people with different backgrounds, mindsets, opinions, etc really helped me learn much more and at a much faster pace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gregory,
    Great summarization of chapter 2. Your two main points of diversity and practicing were great. An additional point I took from chapter 2 was learning and how it plays a big portion in your professional career. A major learning factor was learning communities and networks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3 - Chapter 5

Blog 2 - Chapter 6