Blog 2 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Inclusive classroom

 Good Morning,

    There are people who set goals to achieve what and where they want to be. Others don't set goals, and sometimes have trouble finding what they want to do and where they would like to be. One term that was brought up was Networking. Now what is Networking? NetWorking is is the exchange of information and ideas among people with a common profession or special interest, usually in an informal social setting. With Networking you not only provided people with your idea on the topic, but you also gather other opinions on the topic. With this it makes you think about how your idea may be the same as the others, or how it may be different than others. We have so many helpful tools now then we did before. We can use these tools and the knowledge that we have we can go as far as we try. As we try and navigate Networking, take some things into consideration and ask yourself is this person a professional and from what background do they come from? From doing this not only will you get a different perspective of ideas, but you will learn something new that you may have not known before. The amount of knowledge you can get from Networking is tremendous. As you continue Networking you will build stronger bonds with those that are in your network and you learn new things. While being in a connected community there are four roles that you should consider and they are linking, lurking, learning, and leading. I call these the 4 L's. With each of these you will not only build a stronger mind, but building a stronger network. 

5 Reasons to Teach Digital Citizenship in the Classroom | GoGuardian 

    For my future career, I want to gather as much information as possible to make me the best employee that I can. For me, I have been at my current job for a little over a year, and I have learned so much that I can apply with me in the future. Some people are content with just staying in position and that being it. I have seen people who start out in my position continue to move up. Moving up just does not happen over night. People see how hard you are working and they will repay you with something more. As you do this, things do not get easier there are challenges, but these challenges are what makes you be the best possible version of yourself. When I finish something, I usually say "ok great", but whats next? There is always something that you can do to build on your previous accomplishments. Networking plays a huge part of my job. I get to meet different people, go to different locations, and see different patients. With this I gather different information. Someone may do something exactly like me, or someone does something a little bit different but maybe I like that way better. What do I do? I learn it and see how it can apply to what I do. The 4 L's also come into play, and all of these things I can apply to make me a better person and worker. 

Works Cited

Nussbaum-Beach, S. & Hall, L. R. (2012). The connected educator: Learning and leading in the digital age. Solution Tree Press.

Comments

  1. Gregory,
    Networking really is the best way to gain new knowledge and build stronger bonds with others. This trait of wanting to gain more knowledge and move up in the workplace is exactly what jobs look for in people who end up in leadership roles. This also includes being able to network and build professional relationships with others. I also really try to learn from others in order to find better ways of doing things and applying it to my future actions. That was a great summary of the chapter and I think you really understand how these ideas can play into your professional career and even apply to others!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment