Blog 3 - Chapter 5














Good Morning Class, 

In chapter 5 you will read and learn about how to promote and how to have success in your networking. One term that they point out in chapter 5 is "bookmarking". They define bookmarking as a way to organize the content that you search online and grouping it together. The content that you search online can include either websites, pictures, and blogs that you can access. Also in chapter 5 they discuss an example of bookmarking and the example that they use is called Dingo. The app Dingo is a very helpful app if you decide to use it, and the brief rundown of Dingo is that it is an app to help you gather information from different websites and store it on your computer. Before starting this class I have never used blogger before, but since I have started using it, not only am I gathering information on different subjects, but I am learning new things from people who have a different stance on the subject than I do. There are many different ways you can expand yourself and your network. We have so much technology now, that it is hard not to use it and benefit from it. The internet is a very helpful tool, but you have to use it wisely. There are so many tools now to promote your networking. We have social media, we have podcasts, we have many things that we can use to our benefit. I have found that listening and watching certain things benefits me more than maybe reading about something. I feel that as technology grows we will grow with it. As for my job currently, and if I move up in my company we do a lot of things that promotes our business. We have a social media page, we have a website where patients can access what they are trying to find, and we have promotional events. With doing all of these things not only are we promoting the company but we establishing ourselves in the community. With doing this they can physically talk to us, ask us questions, and see if our services can benefit them. A huge contributor that we have is google reviews. With having these when people search for what they are looking for, we are the first place they see. If they are uncertain with coming and trying it, they get a chance to see how other people thought of us and benefitted from us. I think having a a good networking strategy and bookmarking it will not only benefit you, but it will benefit others around you.         

16 Reasons Why Social Media Is Important to Your Company

Comments

  1. Hi Greg,
    I can also say that before this class, I also have never used Blogger before but it really is amazing. I am also learning more information and I think it is a good space to type your thoughts and reflect on what we are learning. I like how you mentioned that it is important to have a good networking strategy. It is significant because it can open up opportunities that might be out of reach and it can also create a strong professional relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Greg, I think you provided a great overview of chapter five with your post. Learning about the various bookmarking and web tools in this chapter was really neat. It's cool to hear that this class is what introduced you to Blogger. I had used it before years back when I started doing movie reviews, but anymore, I don't really keep up with it. In spite of that, I can't deny the benefits that come with using something like Blogger, and so I hope you are enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1

Blog 2 - Chapter 6